Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Penelope is not the best eater. And by "not the best" I mean picky. And by "picky" I mean hardly eats anything at all. And what she does eat is in teeny tiny portions so small I can't believe they sustain her. My sister Kelly once said Penelope survived on spirit alone, which I think is a great description.

And this is not toddler-induced picky eating that is a result of stubbornness. We know what that looks like (ahem, Quinn). She has been picky since the first day she tasted food, and has only ever accepted mild flavors.

When she turned one she threw her cupcake off her highchair in disgust.

And she still doesn't like chocolate. Chocolate!

Another day I'll have to do a post about Zahra's eating, but in a nutshell you can just reverse everything I said above. It's confusing to me because I know there's a gene for picky eating (as described wonderfully in a video by Neil de grasse Tyson here) and the girls share the same genes so how did this happen? Epigenetic effects, possibly?

Anyway, the one category of food Penelope really loves is fruit. And within that category, she really really loves berries. Look at her cute little strawberry-covered face at the farmer's market.


So guess who is super happy that it's summer in Minnesota?
Penelope!

No comments:

Post a Comment