Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Zahra has big feelings.

When I say "big feelings" I mean that she loves hard, she cries hard, and she laughs hard. When she's sad she can be very sad, but when she's happy she can laugh uncontrollably and her smile is beyond contagious. Luckily, she is usually happy.

So today I decided to write a post about the things that make Zahra the happy little girl that she is.

1) Art. Zahra loves to draw/paint/do sidewalk chalk. She's getting quite good at mixing colors and really takes time with her work. Probably related to this interest in art is the fact that she already knows all her colors and has a clear favorite. The winner? Yeh-yo! (yellow)

2) Swimming. This girl is convinced she can swim already and runs straight to the deep end. She and P start a swim camp in July and I can't wait because I need this girl swimming for real as soon as possible. Her antics in the pool scare me to death sometimes!

3) Eating. Zahra is my one child who will eat whatever I put in front of her. Obviously, I love this. Here are some things she's eaten recently that she's enjoyed:
samosas
dahl
chicken noodle soup
cucumbers
raspberries
tofu stir fry

Of course, Zahra is still a toddler so her absolute favorite is mac & cheese. She likes the Trader Joe's frozen kind (baked in the oven) the best :)

4) Laughing. And you know who can make her laugh the most? The Q-man. Quinn is quite the jokester and man-oh-man has he found an audience in his sister Zahra. She will always laugh at his silliness.

5) TV. Out of all the kids Zahra likes TV the best and since she's a second child she actually gets to watch it as a 1-year-old. Favorite characters are grover, cookie monster, and Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba.


No comments:

Post a Comment