Monday, July 16, 2012

Penelope and Zahra's language has developed in very different ways.

Zahra says a lot of words very clearly. She's even using some two-word combinations now!
But she's also very quiet. She doesn't say much unless she has something to say. And most of that comes out clearly at this point.

Penelope's speech still isn't too clear, but she talks ALL.THE.TIME.

Most mornings we wake up to very loud babbling (YA-YA-YA-YA) from her crib. And by "we" I mean me and Moin. How her sister sleeps through it right next to her I have no idea.

Moin and I actually feel kind of lucky that we can't understand too much yet, as we're pretty sure a good amount of what she's saying is compromised of demands.



In any case, Penelope's list of "understandable" words is pretty funny, and is so classic second child it makes me laugh. No listing of facts or labels for her! Every word has some sort of social aspect. So, without further adieu here is what P says that can be understood by all:

uh-oh (her first word)
all members of the family (Q is still "ka" and Jackson is "kaka")
"I did that" or "I did it" (yes, she uses the whole phrase)
baby
bo-bo (when hurt)
yeah
hi
bye-bye (pronounced ya-ya)
more
again
fart
diaper
bath
shhhhhh (as in, be quiet)

And really, what else even needs to be said? :)


1 comment: