Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sometimes it's the little things that make you realize your children are getting older.



Quinn had his five-year doctors visit yesterday and had to get several shots. This in and of itself is not what made him seem old to me. What made him seem old was the following statement, which was in response to my claim that he had to get the shots to go to Kindergarten.

"Well, I really don't want to get my shots but I want to go to Kindergarten more so I guess it's worth it"

What a big kid to think about it that way!

Other big kid statements lately from Quinn:

(to Moin) "When you go to work, are you the only person there all day?"
(to me) "Mom, you're the only person at this WHOLE FAIR who doesn't love corn dogs"
(to me) "When I'm 20, Zahra and Penelope will be 17 and we'll all still live in this house" (ha!)

The girls have been seeming old in all kinds of ways recently.

But it was the purchase of blankets of pillows for their cribs that made them seem even bigger to me.


The girls (especially Zahra) have enjoyed sleeping with blankets and pillows lately so I finally dragged all the kids to Ikea to buy official blanket/pillow sets for the girls. As soon as we got home I set up the cribs for them. Look at Zahra - so happy!

She even set up a whole reading station in her crib after I put the new gear in and did not want to get out for anything!

Penelope was less excited. She wanted to be certain that she was getting out of that crib at some point.

Something about them sleeping with these blankets and pillows make them seem like such big girls!

1 comment: