Monday, August 27, 2012

It's been a busy week around these parts!

First, Moin and I had a great 4-day trip to Chicago.

As this is a blog about the Syed CHILDREN, I won't post much about our solo trip here. But we ate and relaxed well, and the kids had a fantastic time with my parents for four whole days. And my parents survived watching three kids age five and under in one piece!

As soon as we returned, we immediately turned around and took Quinn to the true big event of any Minnesota summer - the state fair!

Quinn ate a lot of super yummy food, as is customary at the fair. He started out the day with Tiny Tim donuts.





I got my sweet corn ice cream, which I've been wanting to try since last year.

All in all, here is what Quinn consumed during our four hours there.
Tiny Tim donuts
Fried fruit on a stick
Deep fried reeses peanut butter cup
Apple cider
Corn Dog
Fries
Lemonade
Waffle on a stick dipped in fudge and covered in sprinkles


To be honest, just looking at that list kind of makes me want to throw up, but Quinn really enjoyed everything!
As did Moin :)


Quinn really impressed us, and went on some big kid rides this year, including this cool bridge/slide combo!




He even went on a "super-fast" one with me, which was tons of fun.


The Haunted House was NOT a hit, however. No pictures were taken, but just imagine a big 5-year-old clinging to me like a spider monkey while screaming at the top of his lungs, and you'll get the picture. Quinn has informed me that he will never ever go in that haunted house ever again. Fine by me.


Haunted house aside, we had a great time as always at the fair.

We were reminiscing about how this year is Quinn's fourth at the fair. His first visit, when he was just a toddler, involved him refusing to try the donuts (!) and of course the rides were a no-go. Looking back on past visits made us realize how big he's getting!

Maybe we really are becoming Minnesotans if we're measuring our child's development in terms of what he does on fair visits!

Next year the girls will get to come, too. What kind of madness will that bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment