Sunday, May 19, 2013

Happy Week

We've had a week of happiness here in the twin cities.

First, it was mother's day. Quinn gave me this spectacular card that reads, "I love you for cooking. I love you for reading. I love you for hugs. I love you for kisses."

Kara happened to be visiting for mother's day, so Moin prepared us all a "picnic of treats" to take to the park.


Finally, Kara and I were able to take my mom and dad out to their favorite restaurant in St. Paul - Barbary Fig - to celebrate. No picture of that but we had a great time!

But the main reason for our happy week was that marriage equality came to Minnesota! The legislature passed the bill, and Governor Dayton signed it on Tuesday. The twin cities brought out all the stops to celebrate.

Here's the Wabasha bridge in St. Paul the day of the State Senate vote.

And here's the bridge of the 35 freeway (which crosses the Mississippi river) the night after the bill was signed into law.

And here's Zahra dressed up for Marriage equality.

My parents, Quinn and I walked down to the State Capitol to watch the signing. Of course, that had to be the one day all year that it's been 95 degrees!




It was really special to be there. I'm not sure Quinn totally understood what was happening - he was confused because he thought gay marriage already was legal. Regardless, my parents and I were thrilled to be there, and so lucky to live so close to the capitol.

I hope you all had a great week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment