Sunday, September 9, 2012

A weeks worth of photos!

It's still warm enough to swim, so we're taking advantage!

Some of the neighbors "Vote No" on the "marriage" amendment signs were torn down. The neighborhood kids wrote this on the street right in front of the missing signs. I'm loving all the pre-teen social activism around here!


What a nice group of kids for my little ones to grow up around :)

Quinn posing in front of his new locker at school. He hasn't started yet - this was during our parent/teacher visit. I'm glad he was acting mature for that.

We took the kids to the Minneapolis Institute of Art over the weekend. We haven't been there in a while, and this visit went MUCH better than previous ones so we'll be going back soon for sure.

In the Institute of Art play room. Blurry from running and barefoot. Isn't that how all children behave in a museum?

A calmer shot

Zahra having fun with blocks. This visit was mainly for her. She loves color and art so much that I thought she'd really enjoy the museum, which she did.

The Q-man

This pic of Penelope is blurry but I actually got her smiling so I had to include it.

Most of the time she cries or screams indignantly when she sees the camera now, as is evidenced in the photo below.

I was trying to get a good shot of her with the two stuffed cats that she INSISTS on carrying everywhere but she just cried and cried at the sight of my camera.

We also checked out an awesome park this weekend, called "Chutes and Ladders" playground. This picture is only about half of it.

Minnesotans sure know how to enjoy their outdoor time. There are amazing parks everywhere. Moin and I still can't get over it. There is no way something like this would exist in California, and if it did it would cost money.

Here's Zahra having a most excellent time. Of course, no shoes.

Finally, I did the sad task of going to the used-clothing store and getting the kids all their snow gear this weekend. It needed to be done, but was a depressing task none the less. I think Penelope agrees with me, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment